Here are five stats for St. Patrick’s Day . . .
1. 60% of Americans plan to celebrate this year. They’ll spend an average of $39.65 each. And we’ll spend an all-time high of about $5.9 BILLION collectively.
2. It’s just the FOURTH most popular day of the year to tie one on. The top three drinking days are New Year’s Eve, Christmas, and the Fourth of July.
3. 83% of people who plan to celebrate this year will wear something green.
4. Just over 33 million Americans have Irish ancestors. The two states with the highest percentage are Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
5. And a Leprechaun’s pot of gold filled with 1,000 one-ounce gold coins would run you a cool $1.3 million this year.
On another note, not many places are giving away free food for St. Patrick’s Day this year. But there are a lot of SPECIALTY items out there. McDonald’s has their Shamrock Shake. Dunkin’ Donuts has a Mint Brownie Donut. Krispy Kreme has green glazed donuts. Dairy Queen has their Mint Oreo Blizzard, and you can get a FREE Mint Chip ‘n Oreo milkshake at Baskin-Robbins tomorrow.
Also, Sonic is selling 50-cent corn dogs tomorrow, but not because of St. Patrick’s Day. March 17th is also National Corn Dog Day.